This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
On July 25, 2014 Comments on the West Virginia Bureau for medical Services posted the WV Aged and Disabled Waiver Transition Plan. Comments were due August 24, 2014.
On February 5, 2015, West Virginia submitted a Statewide Transition Plan to CMS.
New: Comment period open for revised statewide transition plan. Comments due July 26. See notice and plan here.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
- Public Notice
- The Bureau for Medical Services has three Waiver Programs:
- The Aged and Disabled Waiver (ADW) which is for people age 18 or older who meet the medical criteria of receiving nursing home care and who meet financial requirements.
- The Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Waiver (IDDW) which is for individuals who have intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities who would otherwise be institutionalized.
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver (TBIW) is for people age 3 or older who have a traumatic brain injury defined as a non-degenerative, non-congenital insult to the brain caused by an external physical force resulting in total or partial functional disability and/or psychosocial impairment or an injury caused by anoxia due to near drowning and who meets the medical criteria of receiving nursing home care.
- 2015 extension for the Home and Community Based Services Waivers.
Statewide Transition Plan submitted to CMS on February 5, 2015.
Statewide Transition Plan submitted to CMS – June 13, 2016
Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process. October 26, 2016
Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to West Virginia on July 9, 2015.
ResourcesBack to TOP
- WV DD Council Comments on IDD Statewide Transition Plan
- CMS Approved ADW Waiver Applications, Amendments and Reports
- CMS Approved I/DD Waiver Applications, Amendments and Reports
- CMS Approved TBI Waiver Applications, Amendments and Reports
NewsBack to TOP
More to come