For the most up to date news and information on your state’s plan, visit: https://dhs.iowa.gov/ime/about/initiatives/HCBS
Status of HCBS Settings Rule Transition Plan (STP)
August 9, 2016: CMS granted State initial approval of their STP.
September 4, 2015: CMS notified State of Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA).
Draft STP Additions by Date
December 31, 2014: Summary of comment submitted to waiver transition plan
In October 2014, the state posted transition plan documents for its remaining six waivers as well as the statewide transition plan.
- Brain Injury Waiver Transition Plan
- Elderly Waiver Transition Plan
- Children’s Mental Health Waiver Transition Plan
- Health and Disability Waiver Transition Plan
- Physical Disability Waiver Transition Plan
- AIDS/HIV Waiver Transition Plan
- HCBS Waiver Statewide Transition Plan
In August 2014, the state submitted its transition plan for the ID Waiver to CMS and released the following documents
- ID Waiver Transition Plan
- ID Waiver Summary of Transition Plan Changes
- HCBS Settings Analysis
- Responses to Public Comments
- Iowa Exploratory Questions
- Iowa Settings that Isolate
May 9, 2014: The Iowa Department of Human Services has released three documents regarding the state’s transition plan:
- HCBS Settings White Paper
- HCBS Transition Plan DRAFT
- HCBS Settings Transition Plan Public Comment Period
Disability Advocacy Organization Comments on Draft STP
May 31, 2014: Iowa Olmstead Consumer Task Force Comments
This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.