This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
- August 24, 2018 NEW CMS’ Additional Feedback for Final Approval
- On September 19, the California Department of Health Care Services posted a Draft HCBS Statewide Transition Plan. Comments were due October 19, 2014.
- On November 7, CHCS posted a second draft HCBS Statewide Transition Plan. Comments on that plan were due December 8.
- After reviewing final public input, DHCS announced intent to post the final Statewide Transition Plan on the DHCS website and submit the STP to CMS by December 20, 2014.
- On December 19, 2014, DHCS submitted a revised Statewide Transition Plan, Timeline, and Summary of Stakeholder Input to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- NEW STP available for public comment through September 29. Click here for more information on how to provide comments
State DocumentsBack to TOP
Statewide Transition Plan Timeline
September 19, 2014 California First Draft Statewide Transition Plan
November 7, 2014 California Second Draft Statewide Transition Plan. Comments were due December 8, 2014.
July 1, 2015 (revised) Statewide Transition Plan
August 14, 2015 (most recent) Statewide Transition Plan
NEW! Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to California on November 16, 2015
- STP On-Site Assessment Tool – Residential
- STP On-Site Assessment Tool – Non-Residential
- STP Provider Self-Survey Tool – Residential
- STP Provider Self-Survey Tool – Non-Residential
- Draft STP On-Site Assessment Tool – Residential
- Draft STP On-Site Assessment Tool – Non-Residential
- Draft Provider Self-Survey Tool – Residential
- Draft Provider Self-Survey Tool – Non-Residential
ResourcesBack to TOP
October 20,2014 Transition Plan Comments by NSCLC, NHeLP, DREDF, DRC, CFILC, and The Arc
NSCLC_DRC comments re MSSP transition
Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the California Department of Aging (CDA): Stakeholder Activities site
NewsBack to TOP
More to come