This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
In January of 2015, the NH Department of Health and Human Services released a Draft Transition Framework for comment. Comments were due February 16, 2015.
Opportunity for Public Input on Revised State Plan
Public comments ended March 30, 2016. Comments for subsequent public input may be submitted by email to HCBCtransitionplan@dhhs.state.nh.us or by regular mail to Deborah Fournier, NH Department of Health and Human Services, 129 Pleasant Street, Brown Building, Concord, NH 03301-3857.
The State hosted four public hearings during the public comment period:
Public Hearing #1: Thursday, February 11, 2016
Public Hearing #2: Friday, February 12, 2016
Public Hearing #3: Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Public Hearing #4: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Comments and revisions are pending.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
Statewide Transition Plan
- Final New Hampshire Statewide Transition Plan, June 2016 (6MB)
- Draft New Hampshire Statewide Transition Plan, May 2016 (5MB)
- CMS Initial approval letter, July 3, 2017 – Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process. July 3, 2017
- Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to New Hampshire on October 8, 2015
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Feedback
- CMS Feedback on New Hampshire’s Systemic Assessment, February 2017
ResourcesBack to TOP
Advisory Task Force Meetings: Meetings are held on a quarterly basis and are open to the public. All meetings are held from 10am – 12 noon. Meeting Location:
- INSTITUTE ON DISABILITY / UCED
University of New Hampshire
56 Old Suncook Road, Suite 2
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-228-2085 x 15
For more information, please contact Mary St. Jacques at: Mary.StJacques@unh.edu
- 2017 WSTP Advisory Taskforce Meeting Minutes
- 2016 WSTP Advisory Taskforce Meeting Minutes
- 2015 WSTP Advisory Taskforce Meeting Minutes
NewsBack to TOP
More to come