This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
On December 15, 2014 Maine posted a Draft Transition Plan for Complying with New HCBS Rules.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
- On March 2, 2020: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services posted a Notice of Statewide Transition Plan for Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Settings. Comments on the plan are due March 31, 2020. They will host Public Hearing on March 12, 2020 about the plan.
- September 24, 2015: Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval
- April 14th, 2015: Final Statewide HCBS Transition Plan
- December 15, 2014: Draft Transition Plan for Complying with New HCBS Rules
- Maine HHS: MaineCare Services Homepage
- Maine HCBS Public Forums
ResourcesBack to TOP
More to come
NewsBack to TOP
More to come