This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
On January 26, 2015, the New Jersey Department of Human Services posted a Statewide Transition Plan (STP). Comments were due February 26, 2015.
The state will held two public input sessions, February 4 and 19. (Dates updated due to weather 1/28/15).
NJ public comment on an Addendum to the STP. Comments were accepted from July 1 – August 31, 2016.
- There will be three Listening Sessions in August (dates are listing in the notice) for people interested in presenting instructive/constructive in-person comments and suggestions.
- Any written comments can be submitted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by USPS: Statewide Transition Plan, NJ Department of Human Services, PO Box 700, Trenton, NJ 08625-0700
- This is the plan NJ is requesting comments on: Amended STP (Note: the addendum is a draft response to an October 2015 letter from CMS requesting supplemental information and clarifications to the proposed plan)
- This is a pre-recorded webinar that provides a brief overview of the key issues addressed in the Addendum that are of particular interest to the stakeholder community of people with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
New Jersey Department of Human Services HCBS Settings Rule Homepage
Department of Human Services Presentation on Transition Planning
- Notice of Public Comment (Dates updated due to weather 1/28/14)
- Statewide Transition Plan – March 2015
- Statewide Transition Plan – April 2015
- Statewide Transition Plan Appendix B: Compliance Demonstration Crosswalks
- Statewide Transition Plan Revisions Reference Chart
- Statewide Transition Plan – June 2016 (This document and its appendices respond to each of the items summarized in the CMS letter that was sent to NJ in Oct, 2015)
NJ Department of Human Services – Public Notices
Letter from CMS to New Jersey regarding HCBS Rules and 1115 Waiver: HCBS Letter to New Jersey
Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to New Jersey on October 1, 2015
ResourcesBack to TOP
Developmental Disabilities Lecture Series from the Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School: October 2014 lecture on Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services: Hot Topics and Emerging Trends.
NEW! Getting the Community Life You Want – A Guide to Home and Community Based Services Advocacy (more info and order form)
National Senior Citizens Law Center comments on New Jersey Plan
Autistic Self-Advocacy Network Comments and Sign On Letter in Support of New Jersey Plan
NewsBack to TOP
More to come
One thought on “New Jersey”
January 3, 2015 at 3:58 am
I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts
in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site.
Studying this information So i am glad to convey that I have
an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed.
I so much without a doubt will make certain to do not disregard this web site and give it a
look on a continuing basis.