This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
On December 15, the Ohio Governor’s Office for Health Transformation posted materials for a draft transition plan. Comments are due January 23, 2015.
NEW Ohio Statewide Transition Plan available for Public Comment through January 12
State DocumentsBack to TOP
Draft Transition Plan (comments due January 23, 2015):
- Public Notice and Request for Comment
- Draft Plan Summary
- Draft Plan to Comply with the New Federal HCBS Requirements
- Questions and Answers about the Requirements and the Plan
Disability Rights Ohio Comments on Ohio CMS Transition Plan – January 20, 2015
HCBS Statewide Transition Plan – March 13, 2015
Summary of revision – October 2015
Revised Transition Plan – October 2015
Public Notice and Request for Comment – November 15, 2015
Statewide Transition Plan – June, 2016
- NEW – Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process.
- Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to Ohio on July 23, 2015.
ResourcesBack to TOP
NewsBack to TOP
More to come