HCBSadvocacy.org is a platform for the aging and disability communities to post information and resources regarding the new HCBS settings rule and steps each state is making to comply with the new rule. Click on “State Resources” to see resources, dates and deadlines, state documents, news, and other information from your state.
This site is a work in progress that relies on state and national partners to find information and share resources.
What is the HCBS Settings Rule?
Overview of HCBS Settings Rule
Easy to follow guides on learning about the Rule & how to advocate for yourself or someone you know
HCBS Settings Rule 3-Part Toolkit
- 1) What You Should Know
- 2) Settings Presumed to be Institution & the Heightened Scrutiny Process
- 3) How to Advocate for Truly Integrated Community Settings (Full Version)
- 3-a) How to Advocate for Truly Integrated Community Settings (Abridged Version)
First approved state plan!
- Webinar on Tennessee’s Statewide Transition Plan (STP) May 26, 2016: Tennessee Presentation on HCBS Implementation and Approved Statewide Transition Plan (Note: you may need to create a free Webex account to access this presentation)
- PowerPoint for Webinar
HCBS Advocacy Coalition letter to CMS regarding Heighten Scrutiny: Click here to read this letter
Extension of Transition Period for Compliance: Please note this extension is provided for compliance of settings, which is now extended to March 2022. The deadline for final statewide transition plan approval is still March 2019: Click here to read CMS announcement on deadline extension
- Guidance regarding HCBS Planned Construction of Presumed Institutional Settings
- Guidance concerning Medicaid Beneficiaries in HCBS who Exhibit Unsafe Wandering or Exit-Seeking Behavior
- Guidance on the implementation of the Community First Choice State Plan Option
STPs and Letters to states from CMS
- Statewide Transition Plans and letters from CMS to each state
- CMIA Summary: This document lists any changes states have to make to the STP and deadlines for public comment prior to resubmitting the revised STP.
National Core Indicators data: 2015-16 National Core Indicators: Evidence for New HCBS Requirements and Revised HCBS Assurances
2017 Family and Individual Needs for Disability Supports (FINDS) Survey: The goal is to learn more about the experiences of parents and family members who provide support to a family member with an intellectual or developmental disability.
- Click here for more information and to access results of the survey.
- Tambien esta disponible en Español, acceder aquí
Indiana Memo regarding HCBS Activities: Click here to read Indiana Memo – January 24, 2018