This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
- On November 5, 2014 the Kentucky Department for Medicaid Services posted a Statewide Transition Plan. Comments were due December 5, 2014.
- On December 19, 2014, Kentucky submitted a Final Statewide Transition Plan to CMS.
- According to the plan, the state will submit revised regulations in two rounds, in April 2015 and January 2018, and all providers must be compliant with the rules by January 2019.
- In February and March of 2015, the Commonwealth Council on Developmental Disabilities held a series of Medicaid Waiver Forums.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
- Public Notice of Transition Plan
- Statewide Transition Plan – comments were due December 5, 2014
- Additional Slot Request
- Response to Public Comments
- Statewide Transition Plan – submitted to CMS December 19, 2014
- Revised Statewide Transition Plan – 2015
- NEW – Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process. June 2, 2016
- Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to Kentucky on July 23, 2015.
ResourcesBack to TOP
- Supports for Community Living (SCL) Waiver Homepage
- Kentucky P&A Comments on Transition Plan for Advocates
- P&A Transition Plan Comments
NewsBack to TOP
More to come