This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
On April 18, 2014 the state posted a plan for assessing current home and community-based settings. Public comments on the assessment plan are were due May 22, 2014.
On September 24, 2014 documents were re-posted with regards to conflict free case management. Comments on these changes were due November 3, 2014.
On October 3, additional Transition Plans were posted for comment; comment period closed November 3, 2014.
On November 25, 2014, Wyoming submitted a final Statewide Transition Plan to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to Wyoming on July 9, 2015.
NEW – Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process (sent to Wyoming on May 10, 2017).
September 2014: Summary of Supports And Comprehensive Waiver Amendments
October 2014 Transition Plan:
- Statewide Transition Plan Summary
- Supports Waiver 5-year Transition Plan
- Child DD Waiver 5-year Transition Plan
- Acquired Brain Injury Waiver 5-year Transition Plan
- Assisted Living Facility Waiver 5-year Transition Plan
Other October 2014 Documents:
- Children’s Mental Health Compliance with HCB Settings (not a transition plan)
- Summary of Long-Term Care Waiver Compliance with HCB Settings (not a transition plan)
Statewide Transition Plan submitted to CMS on November 25, 2014
HCB Setting Information and Transition plans
- HCB Setting Guidance for Case managers, guardians, participants and providers posted 9-8-2015
- Sample Provider Transition plan in Word
- Sample as a PDF – posted 7-6-2015
- HCB Setting Booklet for Advocates and Families – PDF posted 1-22-2015
ResourcesBack to TOP
NewsBack to TOP
More to come