This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
The District of Columbia does not have an HCBS waiver or state plan benefit up for renewal before the March 17, 2015 deadline. The state has until March 17, 2015 to submit a transition plan to CMS. For more information visit Medicaid.gov.
On March 24, 2014 the Department of Health Care Finance & Department on Disability Services posted a public notice of proposed amendments and a proposed transition plan to the HCBS waiver for people with I/DD. The department held a public forum on April 9 and comments were due April 23, 2014.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
- Department of Disability Services website
- Waivers amendment info and public notice page
- HCBS IDD Waiver Amendments & Proposed Transition Plan
- Proposed Transition Plan for HCBS Waiver for People with IDD
- Public Notice of Proposed Transition Plan
- January 2015: Public Notice
- District-wide Transition Plan – comments due March 13, 2015
- Revised Transition Plan after public comment (March 13th version)
- NEW! Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to DC on August 13, 2015.
ResourcesBack to TOP
NewsBack to TOP
More to come