This site is a work in progress and relies on national and state partners to help find and share information and resources. Have news or resources worth posting? Send them to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
All states must submit to CMS a plan for transitioning their current HCBS system into compliance with the new rule by March 17, 2015. States submitting a 1915(c) waiver renewal or amendment before March 17, 2015 must include a transition plan in that submission. States then have 120 days from that submission date to submit a transition plan for the remainder of their HCBS system.
New DMHA Residential Settings that Require Heightened Scrutiny through August 23, 2019
Indiana Statewide Transition Plan available for Public Comment through July 19, 2019
On August 22, 2018, Indiana posted an updated transition plan and public comments are due September 21, 2018.
On July 7, 2014 the state posted a Indiana Preliminary Transition Plan for Assessing the Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services HCBS Settings Compliance. Comments were due August 7, 2014.
On October 31, 2014 the state posted the Statewide Transition Plan for Compliance with Home and Community Based Settings Rules. Comments were due December 1, 2014.
On December 12, 2014, Indiana submitted a final Statewide Transition Plan to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
State DocumentsBack to TOP
Medicaid HCBS Waivers Homepage
Indiana HCBS Finale Rule Website
August 9, 2018 CMS’ Additional Feedback for Final Approval
Final Statewide Transition Plan – submitted to CMS on December 12, 2014
- Initial Approval with Milestones and a Resubmission Date. This letter is the communication CMS sends to the state notifying the state that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, the STP is sufficient, but systemic and/or site-specific assessments are not yet completed. The response to the state will vary dependent on whether the state has or has not identified settings that are presumed to have institutional characteristics and any information the state may wish CMS to consider under the heightened scrutiny process. November 8, 2016
- Clarifications and/or Modifications required for Initial Approval (CMIA): This letter notifies states that public comment, input and summary requirements are met, but CMS has identified issues that must be resolved in the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) prior to initial approval. CMS sent this letter to Indiana on October 8, 2015
ResourcesBack to TOP
- New – Indiana Memo regarding HCBS Activities: Click here to read Indiana Memo – January 24, 2018
- Family Voices Indiana Action Alert
- Indian Family and Social Services Newsletter, September 2015